Sunday, May 13

Happy Mother's Day

      Oh the blessing it is to be a mother - or thought of - or loved and lifted up like a mom. Funny how one day we can feel like the best mom in the world, and other days we wonder if we can make it through. I lost my own mother nearly 12 years ago and although I have gotten used to her not being here with me on this Earth, is debatably at times, no easier. We simply need to trust in Him. He promises never to leave our side. I was reading once again about the Proverbs 31 woman and realizing how far from her I am. I thank God that he continues to mold me.

Her children rise up and called her blessed.

A member of my KAL group requested the pattern for this simple Windowpane cloth. Although, it indeed is very simple, it is great therapy knitting - and that can be so good for us! If you should find errors in this pattern, please let me know and I will correct them as quickly as possible.

 





Windowpane Cotton Dishcloth
 

1 ball kitchen cotton yarn of your favorite solid color. Needle size U.S. 5 (3.75mm) Needles
Stitches: Knit, Purl
Difficulty: Simple
Each odd row is worked on WS

*Finished cloth measures approximately a rectangular 9" wide by 8" high. If desired, an extra pattern set can be knit for a square cloth. I prefer a bit more of a rectangle to keep the size comfortable for use.

Cast on 45 stitches
Row 1 - Knit
Row 2 - Knit
Row 3 - Knit
Row 4 - Knit
Row 5 - Knit
Row 6 - Knit
Row 7 - *K5 P5 reapeat to last 5 sts K5
Row 8 and every even row: knit accross
Row 9 -  *K5 P5 reapeat to last 5 sts K5
Row 11 - *K5 P5 reapeat to last 5 sts K5
Row 13 - Knit
Row 15 - Knit
Row 17 - Knit
Row 19 - *K5 P5 reapeat to last 5 sts K5
Row 21 - *K5 P5 reapeat to last 5 sts K5
Row 23 - *K5 P5 reapeat to last 5 sts K5
Row 25 - Knit
Row 27 - Knit
Row 29 - Knit
Row 31 - *K5 P5 reapeat to last 5 sts K5
Row 33 - *K5 P5 reapeat to last 5 sts K5
Row 35 - *K5 P5 reapeat to last 5 sts K5
Row 37 - Knit
Row 39 - Knit
Row 41 - Knit
Row 43 - *K5 P5 reapeat to last 5 sts K5
Row 45 - *K5 P5 reapeat to last 5 sts K5
Row 47 - *K5 P5 reapeat to last 5 sts K5
Row 49 - Knit
Row 51 - Knit
Row 53 - Knit
Row 55 - *K5 P5 reapeat to last 5 sts K5
Row 57 - *K5 P5 reapeat to last 5 sts K5
Row 59 - *K5 P5 reapeat to last 5 sts K5
Row 61 - Knit
Row 63 - Knit
Row 65 - Knit
Bind Off
Weave in ends.

Click here for the .pdf version

*correction on 6/14/07

3 comments:

hakucho said...

I know exactly what you are feeling. My mother has been gone now 7 years and there is not a day that I don't think of her. I still miss her terribly. I don't think the pain of losing her will ever go away.

I love your windowpanw cloth...it is beautiful. I bet it would also make a nice towel. Thanks for posting the pattern.
happy knitting :)

magnoliasntea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

Hi!

I just joined the Monthly Dishcloth group. I wanted to tell you that your blog is so beautiful and encouraging. May God bless you! In Christ, Karen Twombly