Monday, February 5

Monday and frigidly cold!

Good Monday morning. We woke up today and found that school had been cancelled because of the cold. My daughter, who is a junior in high school was disappointed - she loves school. I decided to let my eighth grade son sleep. We all had a busy weekend. A high school dance on Saturday night, a trip to market to buy merchandise for my shop and the Super Bowl on top of it. The day off will be welcomed by me. AND, another day to knit.

I was being challenged by the lace heart cloth that I had been working on - so I decided to take a short break and work on something else. I chose the "Infamous" Darrell Waltrip Cloth" which can be found here. As a rule, I do not like working with variegated yarn. I simply am a solid color person. This cloth turned out nicely though! I used number 5 needles - as I prefer smaller stitches. This cloth used a lot of yarn and is very dense! For the first time, I tried (the new-to-me) slipping the first stitch of every row. It really cleaned up the edges beautifully! I was very pleased. I am going to continue with this method.

My son sleeps on!

My knit along cloth is also progressing nicely. I will not let you in on the theme yet - but it is a perfect cloth for February. Thank you Andi, for doing such a great job moderating this group!

I had to clean my house (at least downstairs) in preparation for my dinner guests on Saturday evening. What a perfect time this would be to begin organizing! This is an area where I am sadly deficient. I would even call my deficiency a disability. I need to count on the Lord to help me in this area!

I am an artist. I love working with Illustrator. To knit - and to begin learning this fine art from the very bottom - is indeed a challenge.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: