Thursday, September 27

There and back again

    So what does one write about after being on blogcation for quite some time? What does one talk about after running away from home? I could simply start from where I left off and methodically converse about each and every thing that has been going on here in my Coming-Unravelled world ... ? Well, school is back in session...

No, I think not. I don't want to bore you all to tears! ~ Let's simply begin with today.

And this day is brilliant. I absolutely adore autumn. I could live with cooler, crisp and dry air like this for 10 1/2 months out of the year. The light reflecting off of the now changing leaves paints a million different colors to absorb. How can one help but be inspired?

I wish that I could tell you that I have been knitting up a storm - but that would not be factual. Yes, I have touched my needles, I have moved them from the sofa the floor and back to the table. I have started two Irish Hiking Scarves. And, after three tries, I am now a member of the knit along. Yippee! Accountability! My first two requests to join the IHS knit-along ended up in the spam folder. After writing my request from a different email address, my letter was accepted and I am now a bona fide member!

Knitting - am I speaking of knitting? I want to pass out my kindest thoughts to these special knitting bloggers. You have been so kind to me while I have been absent. Checking in here and there... or sending me a note. Mostly, not leaving me for dead! Who would ever have thought that one could develop friendships with others simply by sitting at the keyboard and typing? Well, after all, I say to myself, that exactly what happened with Kay and Anne from Mason-Dixon Kntting! The sky is the limit, right??? Thank you to Mrs. B, to Lynne from I was knit together in my mother's womb, to Sylvia (she doesn't knit but she wishes she could. .. I will have to send her a few cloths), and to a newfound friend, Corinne at Craftyloca and to all you members of the academy. OK, let's not go overboard. ~

So, here is what I have been "not" working on...

     I can't believe that I couldn't even finish my row before I put this down! Bad knitter! But what you see here is an in-process Accidental Bobble Cloth with 2 colors, a Grid dishcloth in Pink Lemonade and an Irish Hiking Scarf in wool - I will have to check on that color way. It is not the best for a cable cloth but I wanted to try it out. The yarn is Plymouth Yarns Gallaway ... and I can see that I will need to be careful not to unintentionally felt it when I wash it.

And, it's Homecoming Week at my daughter's high school. She is a senior this year. I woke up to find toilet paper covering our trees. Hmm... and I thought that I was standing guard over our yard. They have gotten pretty sly about their timing! Here is what my yard looks like AFTER I cleaned up everything that I could reach.

I will write more later - I will. I will! I should be quite rested, after all. ~

 

...

11 comments:

Corinne said...

Oh, I am so happy that you are back. I checked almost daily for your return. I look forward to see what you have been "not" working on. Until next time - :)

Lil Knitter said...

YAY! I'm so glad you're back with us. Everyone needs to step back from time to time and just try to relax (key word there being "try") lol The things you have "not" been working on look great...can't wait to see them when you finish.
Welcome Back!

sherriknits said...

So glad you are back. I found your website a few weeks ago and have been enjoying visiting even if you weren't home. I just love your web design! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back!! Your Window Pane dishcloth have become a main stay on my needles and I'm looking forward to your color choices! I must have read every post at least twice!!

Good luck with Homecoming - ours is this week...

Anonymous said...

Hi CeElle,
I'm so glad to 'see' you again. :o)
I can't wait to see those hiking scarves.

Unknown said...

So wonderful to see a new post from you! Love the IHS colors!!

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

DAAARLING, YOU'RE BAAACK!

Was so glad to find your post when I checked today! I just bought some brandy new PNC cotton this week so I'm busy with Granny's Favorite.
Love what your knitting-again-the colors are stunning!

Tamara said...

Not only do I love your bobble cloth (I made one in a tan cotton, and now I'm making one w/o the bobbles in white and sage), I adore the colors you use and how you put them together! That lime and purple one is genius :) You inspire me!

hakucho said...

Glad to see you back. Fall is certainly a busy time of the year. I, too, am struggling to keep up with my blogging. Your projects are all lovely...very colorful as usual.

Enjoy the cooler weather and when you have time happy knitting and blogging :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just recently found your blog. I love the way you have designed it and I truly love the colors you put together in your dishcloths. I have also recently gotten addicted to dishcloths. Yes some people look askance at me when I say that the rest of them beg me to knit them some. I am starting your bobble cloth today!

Anonymous said...

CeElle,
I thought you'd like to know what I'm up to ... last week during the re-enaction event and at the next one, I have been/will be spinning wool with my drop spindle. I haven't done it in years! My spinning wheel is out of action so the spindle takes care of my need to spin! I have three small balls of yarn already done and one bag of wool to go! I hope to be able to dye the wool at the next event.